Annual General Meeting
- Monday 17th May 2021, 8:00pm – 9:00pm
- Venue: Zoom Virtual Meeting
- Kate Philpot( Group Chair), Pete Robertson (AGSL), Dan Taylor (Group Treasurer), Helen Howell (Group Secretary), Mags Harrison (BSL), Malcolm Buckley (SL), Tegwen Gabb (CSL), Beverley Waine (CSL), Emma Martin (ASL), Neil Oldrieve (ASL), Stuart Auchterlonie (ASL), David Millen (Odiham District Commissioner).
- Scouting, community and parental attendees included: Graham Read, Jannette McElarney, George Woods, Rania Greiss, Tina Hayton, Claire Bilish, Nicky Dunn, Catherine Oliver, Elena Dobson, Vicky Elliott.
- Mark Medler (GSL 1st Crookam Scouts), Adrian Collett (County Councillor)
- Welcome and opening remarks by the Chair. Kate welcomed all present and thanked everyone for attending and opened the meeting.
- Minutes of the last AGM. Noted as being read by Helen Howell (Group Secretary).
- A Presentation of Alder Beavers. Tiggy showed a video montage of the activities Beavers had been involved in over the past few weeks which was very well received. Tiggy gave her thanks to Mags for all her help and support with the colony as did the parents.
- Appointment of the Chair. This is currently Kate Philpot and she checked if anyone else would like the role. This role is the remit of the GSL to appoint, Kate Philpot was duly reappointed as Chair of the Executive Committee by Pete Robertson.
- Election of officers. Helen Howell was re-elected as Secretary, (proposed by Pete Robertson (AGSL), seconded by Malcolm Buckley (SL). Dan Taylor was re-elected as Treasurer, (proposed by Pete Robertson (AGSL), seconded by Malcolm Buckley (SL).
- Charity Trustee declarations of intent. There were no additional declarations to become trustees of the group.
- Entertainment by Tiger Cubs. There was a video shown of the activities the cubs have been involved in over the 18 months both in and out of lockdown. Tiggy gave thanks to Beverley for all her help and support over the past year.
- Presentation of accounts, for year ending 31st December 2020. Dan Taylor presented the Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2020 and reported that the group’s accounts had not been too badly affected by the lockdowns. The accounts have been externally audited (by Joanna Dewhirst) and Dan gave thanks to Jo for that (see attached document). The financial statements had been approved, audited and produced in the format required by The Scout Association. No questions were raised.
- Presentation by Friday Scouts. The scouts on the call talked about what they have enjoyed most about being in Scouts over the past year including; Egyptian cooking, cycle rides, night hikes and making catapults. The “Necker Challenge” was also shown:
- Presentation by Thursday Scouts. Pete gave a slideshow showing the activities that have taken place over recent months from indoor zoom calls (learning British Sign language) to outside activities such as burying a time capsule in the Hartland Village site to be opened in 100 years time. Pete also welcomed Stuart Auchterlonie who has joined the section as ASL.
- GSL to celebrate achievements There were no awards presented at this AGM, however it was confirmed that Pete Robertson is now Acting GSL.
- Address by the District Commissioner David Millen thanked everyone involved in the group for all of their hard work and continued support and dedication throughout the past challenging year. In addition, he advised that his 3 goals are to go BIGGER, BETTER & FUNNER and is actively looking at enhanced skills training for leaders and bringing all scouting groups in the area together more closely for combined activities for the benefit of the community as a whole. In terms of recruitment, there is the aim for each adult member to bring in 1 more person to the group between June and November 2021. Finally, David mentioned he was exploring the options of introducing Squirrels to the district (4/5 year olds) and options for the Scout Network of 18-25 year olds.
Meeting closed at 8:45pm