Respectful behaviour within Scouting is essential, so we have developed a Code of Conduct for all leaders, adult helpers and children to follow.
As a leader, I promise to …
- Organise a range of fun and interesting activities, in a safe and supportive environment
- Never engage in bullying, intimidation or harassment
- Never engage in offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Treat everyone fairly.
As a Scout, I promise to …
- Have fun, try new things and learn new skills
- Not deliberately put myself or others in danger
- Respect other people’s opinions
- Show pride in being a member of Scouts
- Look after Scouts’ & Leaders’ property and respect other people’s possessions
- Listen quietly to instructions and not be disruptive
- Treat other people how I would like to be treated myself
- Dress appropriately: smart and in full uniform (shirt, necker and woggle, with badges sewn on) when required; or in suitable clothing for outdoor activities
- Attend regularly and be punctual
- Take an active part in games and activities, following the rules
- Keep my mobile phone turned off and put away.
I understand that if I do not follow this Code, my parents or carers may be told, and I may:
- Be required to apologise to other Scouts, adult helpers and Leaders.
- Receive a formal warning from the Leaders
- Be excluded from certain activities
- Be excluded from attending
- Be required to leave Scouts.