Ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys, I’m delighted to share that we can resume face-to-face Scouting!
The Scouting organization has given us guidance on how we can deliver a programme safely, and all Leaders in 6th Fleet have completed a mandatory Risk Assessment for getting back together which has been approved by our Scouting District. You can read this (and our other assessments on our Covid-19 page.
- Although indoor activities are allowed, we have chosen to only run outdoor activities. This may mean last-minute cancellations due to especially adverse weather, so please check your email and WhatsApp before setting off. You can see the programme in Online Scout Manager. Details about each evening will be sent closer to the date.
- We will only plan for the first half-term, and subs have been reduced accordingly. We will be constantly reassessing safety and suitability of an outdoor programme.
- The Scout troop will be split in to two patrols which will be kept apart (similar to school bubbles). This means we will need two adult helpers for every session. Without this additional help, we cannot run an evening for all Scouts. Adults will maintain social distancing from the Scouts unless First Aid is required.
- If your child (or anyone in the same house/support bubble) has any of the symptoms of Covid-19, or has been in contact with anyone who has Covid-19 symptoms within the last two weeks, then they must not come to Scouts and should follow government guidelines on self-isolation and testing. If symptoms develop during the evening, you will be contacted to come and collect your child immediately.
- We will be keeping an attendance register as usual, but records may be shared to help with the track and trace process.
- To confirm that you understand the new measures in place, and that you are happy for your child to come to outdoor Scout meetings, please sign in to OSM and view your child’s Personal Details > Additional information and enter “Yes” in the outdoor programme box.
- If you are not comfortable with your child coming to Scouts, please let your Leaders know as soon as possible.