Teamwork skills: Friday Scouts attempted the Tarantula challenge tonight. See below for instructions.
Tarantula challenge instructions
It’s quite physical and doesn’t involve actual tarantulas.
- Put young people in groups of 4 or 3. Helps if they are all about the same height in a group.
- Each sits on a chair sideways, close to each other, in a circle.
- They all have to lean back onto each other’s knees and grab hold of arms/ shoulders.
- Then you take the chairs away, and they have to stay up. Hey Presto! A tarantula.
- “Walk'” a short distance as the Tarantula.
- Put a pot of water on their stomachs and get them to walk a short distance.